Monday, June 12, 2017

Drip Feed - Music Strikes Like A Fucking Dagger EP

https://dripfeed1.bandcamp.com/releases

Coucou, les chaton.ne.s! We`re back with another quick review before the long awaited special post of this month. We'll officially start it on Wednesday 14th. Stay tuned because it will be such a blast. So, I received lately an e-mail sent by this interesting swedish punk band named Drip Feed, who gladly asked me to review their record. Coming from Sweden, I expected chaotic and violent d-beat infused hardcore punk or even Göterborg's melodic death metal recipe. But no, I was surprised since Drip Feed is an exception to all of this. Regarding the sound, they draw influences from classic punk rock, Oi! and some UK82. Think of different classics such as Blitz, Crux, Peter And The Test Tube Babies and Cock Sparrer, for naming a few. The result is a well-executed and melodic punk-driven vibe with good instrumentation. Also, the lyrics are in english, well-structured and clever, criticizing different aspects of our modern times. Perhaps my favorite song of all is Dagger, because it's the fastest and has an unique charm. Finally, I really liked this EP. It's a pretty good homage to old-school british punk and something different to both swedish hardcore punk and death metal that I'm used to listen to. Click on the image for getting redirected to their official bandcamp account, where you can get it for free or paying the price you consider right. I highly recommend to support them. Enjoy and until tomorrow. Kisses and Hugs!   

No comments:

Post a Comment